Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 21, 2011

So I could tell you that I'm just a tad bit stir crazy today even though I have been home more this time than last. Today I would really like to be home with all my family together. Maybe soon. So Fridsy's MRI was wonderful. The fluid in that cyst had actually reduced in size and I know that is because of God's healing hand and prayers from so many of you. It is still there and will be watched closely. So as far as Neurosurgery goes we could go home, the problem is that Sam started having seizures this week too. They are different from the seizures she had a few months ago so we didn't catch them at first. They have not done another EEG because all of the machines they had were in use over the weekend. Since they are not life threatening seizures they are trying to see how she does when her meds are increased. Overall Samantha is doing so much better than she was in the middle of last week. I am hopeful that we will get to come home tomorrow or in the next few days. We think the world of both her neurosurgeon and her neurologist because you can really tell that they care about our Sam. We are so blessed to get back on the 6th floor because the nursing staff is fantastic. We have never had a nurse didn't love!!! Thank you all so much for your continued support. The cyst being smaller was our first major blessing of the week but there was also another. When we had to bring Sam back Tuesday I was really stressed about missing days at work since I had just started back. I should have known that God would provide.... It turns out I still have several donated days from last year that I was able to use. I really wish I could thank everyone who donated any days to me last year! Your gift was a blessing that you just can't even imagine. If you happen to know someone who donated days, please hug them for me! I also wish I could hug and personally thank everyone who has said prayers on Sam's behalf. You really have made a difference in our lives! My Sunday School lesson that I taught today was on the word TRUST. The fact that we can trust God is so powerful and the fact that He sends us people to pray, comfort and support us through troubled times is truly LOVE. That is the exact reason why people should find a church body to belong to. God knows we are stronger in numbers.  He must rejoice to see His people support each other and praise His name. So very thankful for all of your support! Love, Steph

This was Sam after her second shunt was placed last week. :(

Gwen couldn't stand it any longer!
We let her get in her hospital bed so they could watch TV together!

No comments:

Post a Comment