Friday, August 12, 2011

August 12, 2011

Sam made it through surgery and they were able to get the shunt placed. PRAISE GOD!!!!! She has been very upset since the surgery because of pain but we finally were able to get her settled down and she has been sleeping. She is still very swollen and it is hard to hold her because of where the surgery was on the back of her head. I felt like if I moved the slightest bit I was touching a tender spot for her. Tomorrow she will go for another MRI and a shunt series to make sure everything is working okay. I feel so blessed for the amazing doctors that worked on her today! I feel so blessed for the wonderful nursing staff on the 6th floor who make us feel like family! I feel so blessed for all our friends and family who have prayed, visited and posted messages of support today! Sam even had a special prayer group on the DES playground during 1st grade playtime. I am sure God was smiling down on those special little prayer warriors! Most of all I am blessed by an amazing God who placed all these people in our lives, blessed us way beyond what we deserved and sent His Son to come to Earth to die on the cross for my sins! Seeing Sam in pain today broke my heart.... I simply can't even begin to imagine how God felt watching His Son at Calvary! So thankful she made it through today! So very thankful! Love you all..... Steph

2 comments:

  1. Marveling at God's grace and wisdom! So glad this surgery is over and praying for continued success. She is a blessing! Love you Bodes! Praying for you daily! LYMI! terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, sharing, and taking such good care of the little baby that we all have fallen in love with <3. You guys take care of each other and God will take care of it all. Praying for good results today! :) love, Theresa

    ReplyDelete