Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 29th

Today has been an emotional day in our house. We had a three hour doctor's appointment and ultrasound today. It had been four weeks since we had been down to the doctor and we were hoping that the fluid was staying the same or possibly getting better. Last visit it was measuring 1.4 on both sides of her ventricles and now it had increased to 1.8. It was really had to look at a scan of her head and see the large sections of fluid. I guess it just really hit me hard today. I have not been able to sleep and I think that I have been through a box of tissues tonight. I am such a planner and the unknown is so hard for me. We had a list of questions for the doctor today, most of which could not be answered until we go next week for her MRI and fetal echocardiogram. The thing that concerns me the most right now is the fluid.  The doctor we saw today seemed concerned about the fluid and the fact that it was increasing. When Travis asked her how concerned she was she said at least moderately. She told us that there was a greater factor that Samantha would have delays because she was has Dandy Walker and the fluid is already causing some pressure. Travis and I are just praying right now that next week will hold more answers for us. The neurologist who we will be seeing might be able to give us some more answers on what to prepare for as long as they get good scans with the MRI. We just need to find out what is causing the fluid to build up. We are also praying for a good report about her heart. God has been so good to our family and I know he is with us every step of this emotional journey. I am so thankful for all the support we have from our friends and family. We love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Little Samantha is so very loved. I don't know anybody more loving than her Mommy and I hear great things about that crazy Daddy, too. But right now it feels like people all around the world are lifting her and her family up in prayers.

    Love you all,
    Tonya Fletcher

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my wonderful friend,
    There are people everywhere praying for you, Travis, Gwen, and Samantha!! I don't know if God makes things like this happen or allows them to happen, but I do know that He is with us in our journeys. I believe He can take ANY situation and make it wonderful and I believe that is what will happen with Samantha. I don't know if YOUR journey will be easy, but He will be there and so will all of your friends and family. I love you and you guys are loved by sooo many, but God loves you more than all of us. He is in control, Stephanie, He has a plan. I am praying for you all. Love you.
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete