Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 28th- 8 Weeks Old


It had been a few weeks since the last post and Samantha Grace has been doing really well. We are now three weeks since her last surgery to put in the new shunt with no sign of infection. Her head is healing really well this time. The doctor said that most of the time you would see signs of infection or problems within two weeks of a shunt being placed! What a blessing it is to see that time come and go! If we can make it to two months our risk percentage goes down greatly. This week we have her 2 month shots, an appointment with physical therapy and an appointment with her neurosurgeon. I have so much peace in my heart right now about Samantha. Not sure what physical and medical obstacles we still might be facing down the road but God has shown me that we can make it through whatever comes our way. This week I was thinking back to the weeks and days before Sam was born. Travis and I were so nervous because our doctors on several occasions told us to plan for the worst. They told us that there was a chance she might not make it out of the delivery room. This week I finally took some of her baby items out of boxes and put them together. Travis and I had decided that we would keep them in boxes... just in case something happened. It brought tears to my eyes to think back on where we had been. I can't even begin to tell you what a blessing you all have been in our lives. I really believe that our Samantha is a true miracle and your prayers have made a difference in her life. I had made a video for my DES family a few weeks back and felt that I needed to share one with all of you. Your support has meant so much. Thank you for being a blessing....

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! What a blessing! Love me some Bodes!! God is Good! LYMI! Terry Marcum

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song seems to say it all. "He knoweth what we have need of before we ask-" Matthew 6:32. So blessed here, and unimaginable marvelousness to come, 1 Corinthians 2:9. I rejoice with you and yours, in Christ and His wisdom. Amen.

    ReplyDelete